WINNIPEG - The Canada Border Services Agency has announced the removal from the country of a war-crimes suspect.
Manuel De La Torre Herrera, from Peru, was arrested July 25 in Toronto, just days after the federal government launched a website featuring 30 alleged war criminals.
The government says Herrera was part of a brutal regime in Peru, and was denied a refugee claim several years ago.
He went underground and was only found last week.
In all, five people have been arrested since the release of the most-wanted list.
The government says the public response to the website has been tremendous and tips have been flowing in.