Vancouver police are recommending 52 new charges against 20 people for allegedly participating in the Stanley Cup riot earlier this year.
Investigators made the announcement at police headquarters in Vancouver on Monday morning.
If the charges are approved by the Crown, it will bring the total number of people charged in connection with the riot to 47.
Vancouver police Insp. Les Yeo said this latest round of charges is not the end.
"We will charge as many people as we can," he said. "I would say that the majority of the charges will be in the early part of 2012."
He said the average age of the new suspects is 19.
Police have now recommended more than 200 charges against more than 80 alleged looters and vandals. More than 110 people have been arrested or have turned themselves in.
Last week, eight people accused in the riot made their first appearances court. Several offered apologies and one signalled her intention to plead guilty.
Police expect more charges will be come in the New Year. Investigators say they are also working on strategies to drive the public to their website to help identify more alleged rioters.
Vancouver police have said between 500 and 700 people could eventually face charges.
The riot tore through downtown Vancouver after Canucks lost Game 7 in the Stanley Cup final on June 15 against the Boston Bruins.
Hundreds of people spent hours torching cars, smashing windows and looting stores in the downtown core, causing millions of dollars in damage.