NEWS

YMCA reopens after carbon monoxide scare

12/31/2011 02:18 EST | Updated 03/01/2012 05:12 EST

A west Toronto YMCA has now reopened after it was evacuated Saturday morning due to a carbon monoxide scare.

Approximately 30 people were evacuated from the YMCA at College Street and Dovercourt Road at 8:30 a.m after the building's carbon monoxide detector went off.

Emergency officials said there was a leak in a battery of a cleaning machine which triggered the detectors.

No one was injured.

MORE:cbcNews