A 24-year-old woman is in hospital in critical condition after overdosing on ecstasy at a New Year's Eve party in Abbotsford, B.C.
Police say the woman, whose name has not been released, took ecstasy with three friends at a party in the 33700 block of George Ferguson Way but later passed out.
The woman was treated at the scene before being taken to hospital for treatment. She remains in hospital in critical condition.
Her friends have been forthcoming with police and have indicated they all ingested ecstasy but believe they took a smaller amount than the victim.
This is the second ecstasy overdose in Abbotsford in recent weeks.
On Dec. 22, a 17-year-old girl died after taking the drug three days earlier. Police say the victim and her friends had been taking the drug to aid with weight loss or weight control.