Three people arrested in a home invasion robbery of world poker champion Jonathan Duhamel appeared in Quebec court Thursday seeking bail.
John-Stephen Clark-Lemay, 22, and Anthony Bourque, 20, are charged with armed robbery, breaking and entering, forced confinement, assault and conspiracy in connection to the Dec. 21 incident at Duhamel's home in Boucherville, Que., on Montreal's South Shore.
Bianca Rojas-Latraverse, 20, Duhamel's ex-girlfriend, faces the same charges.
A fourth suspect, André Robert-Perron, 26, is accused of concealment and was released from custody last week with a promise to appear in court at a later date.
A police investigator who testified at the bail hearing Thursday recounted details Duhamel reported to authorities after the Dec. 21 incident.
The poker star told police he was sleeping when a man rang his doorbell at 9:15 a.m. claiming to have a package to deliver.
When Duhamel opened the door the man forced his way in, and a second person appeared at the entrance.
Duhamel said his attackers threatened him, beat him and demanded to know where he kept his safe.
After he opened his safe he was tied up and robbed. The attackers took $115,000 in cash and jewelry worth about $50,000.
Duhamel was hospitalized with minor injuries.
Police seized text messages
The court also heard about text messages sent by Rojas-Latraverse to a friend three weeks before the robbery.
A police investigator described the messages, which included details of a heist plot at Duhamel's house.
Rojas-Latraverse dated Duhamel for a few months and had been to his home, the court heard.
She told the judge she is willing to live with her father pending trial if granted bail. She said her only source of revenue is poker.
The bail hearing continues Friday.
After the robbery, Duhamel posted a $10,000 reward for information on his case.
The 23-year-old poker champion is currently playing in a tournament in the Caribbean.
He won a world title in 2010 in Las Vegas, earning $8.9 million US.