Minneapolis-based Target Corporation announced Thursday that the locations of the first 24 stores it will open in Canada will all be in Ontario.
Target bought 189 leases from Zellers Inc. last year and plans to open between 125 and 135 stores in Canada, most of them next year.
The discount retail chain said it will spend up to $11 million on remodeling the first 24 sites and hire as many as 200 staff.
Previously on HuffPost: Target Plans To Hire 'Thousands' Ahead Of Canadian Expansion
It said the following locations are due to open in March or early April, 2013:
• London Westmount, Westmount Shopping Centre
• Kawartha Lakes, Lindsay Square Mall
• Newmarket, Upper Canada Mall
• Milton, Milton Mall Shopping Centre
• Cambridge, Cambridge Centre
• Toronto, Centrepoint Mall
• Mississauga, Square One Shopping Centre
• Ajax, Durham Centre
• Orillia, Orillia Square Mall
• Brampton, Shoppers World Brampton
• London, Masonville Place
• Windsor, Devonshire Mall
• Toronto, Cloverdale Mall
• Toronto, Shoppers World Danforth
• Burlington, Burlington Mall
• Toronto, East York Town Centre
• Aurora, Aurora Shopping Centre
• Fergus, Gates of Fergus
• Hamilton, Centre Mall
• Guelph, Stone Road Mall
• Burlington, Millcroft Centre
• Waterdown, Flamborough Power Centre
• Whitby, Taunton Road Power Centre
• Brampton, Trinity Common.
ADVENTURES IN THE WORLD OF TARGET...
When Italian fashion brand Missoni appeared in Target stores in the fall of 2011, it proved so popular all items were nearly sold out in two days.
Check out what happened when Ellen DeGeneres sent David Beckham into a Target store pretending to be an employee.
Watch this video of an unruly crowd at a Target store in North Buffalo, New York, on Black Friday, 2010.
Beyonce surprised the Boys and Girls Club in the Harlem Target store, as they danced to her new song, Countdown. You can get the deluxe edition of the new album, "4", exclusively at Target! www.target.com Become a Fan on Facebook: Facebook.com Follow us on Twitter: Twitter.com
Ana Kasparian and Cenk Uygur discuss Lady Gaga pulling her album from Target stores because they refuse to stop donating money to anti-gay politicians.
Target took heat from many of its customers during the 2010 election cycle when it was revealed the company had donated to right-wing campaigns.
I spent 15 hours in Target yesterday...from open 'till close....and this is my very short documentary film of that experience (3 minutes short.) I did a lot of stuff...sometimes it was fun, most of the time it was painfully boring.