How To Get Kate Middleton's Perfect Wavy Hair
Just because you’re not born with gorgeous cascading waves does not mean you can’t have them. We bet that Kate Middleton hasn’t always had perfect hair. Yes, she is naturally blessed with thick-looking locks but it’s the technique of getting those waves that’s important.
The key is all in sleeping. No, really. Because anyone can get these waves—yes anyone—but the key is keeping them to the next day, because really, unless you have a personal stylist waiting outside your bedroom door, who has time to go through the process to style your hair every single morning? Not me. Not you, either, I’m guessing, which is why we need to make.it.last.
- OK, first you need to put in the time to get the look in the first place.
If your hair is super curly, you’ll need a straightening or smoothing balm, then a round brush to dry your hair.
- If your hair is super straight, apply a volumizing product. Then use a round brush.
You must section off your hair into small, manageable pieces so that you get hair super smooth (not puffuzzy!).
- Or skip the round brush and blowdryer and use the Conair Spin Brush, which I will continue professing my love for until I no longer need to because every girl in the world who wants smooth hair is using this product.
- Once your hair is totally dry, apply a bit of serum to any frizzy ends, then use a large barrel iron or straightener to smooth and shape hair. Then comes the most important part. In fact, it’s so important that even if you didn’t achieve the gorgeous waves in the previous step, you can still get them.
- Before bed, flip your head upside down and pull hair to the top of your head. Twist it into a bun (no elastic!). Then, wrap a cotton/polyester blend sock (this is important!) around your bun and tie it. Not too tight, just tight enough to hold. Then go to sleep, pretty. When you wake up, let your hair out and you will still have the gorgeous waves you went to bed with. Promise.
We like to think that the Duchess of Cambridge does the very same thing before kissing her prince good night.
More From The Kit.ca: