Dunderdale's office confirms Burton Winters' family wants to talk to the premier about the 14-year-old boy.
The premier has said she has written to Defence Minister Peter MacKay to ask about how his department handled the search and rescue operation when Winters was reported missing.
Last month, Dunderdale said MacKay's response only opened up more questions.
Ottawa changed emergency protocols after questions were raised about why it took two days for military aircraft to join the search.
The military has said there was no helicopter available to search for the boy when the first request for help came in on Jan. 30.