NEWS

House fire darkens North Vancouver sky

05/18/2012 01:20 EDT | Updated 07/17/2012 05:12 EDT

A North Vancouver man is in hospital with burns after a house fire sent a large plume of black smoke into the air that could be seen in many parts of the region.

The man, whose identity has not been made public, was operating a propane barbecue when the fire erupted, RCMP said.

His condition is not known.

The home, located in the 4000-block of Norwood Avenue, was extensively damaged

MORE:cbcNews