Huffpost Canada ca

Luka Rocco Magnotta Video: Gore Site Owner Makes No Apologies For Dismemberment Movie

Posted: Updated:
The owner of an Edmonton website that carried the grisly video believed to be at the centre of the Luka Rocco Magnotta case says he hasn't heard a word from police about the matter and scoffs at the possibility of being charged. (YouTube)
The owner of an Edmonton website that carried the grisly video believed to be at the centre of the Luka Rocco Magnotta case says he hasn't heard a word from police about the matter and scoffs at the possibility of being charged. (YouTube)

The owner of an Edmonton website that carried the grisly video believed to be at the centre of the Luka Rocco Magnotta case says he hasn't heard a word from police about the matter and scoffs at the possibility of being charged.

The video, titled "1 Lunatic 1 Ice Pick" and posted on the bestgore.com website last week, shows a naked man tied to a bed in a dimly lit room with a poster of the movie "Casablanca" on the wall behind it. Another man wearing a dark hoodie begins stabbing the individual and a series of edits show the body eventually dismembered.

There were reports Tuesday out of Montreal that police are investigating the site with an eye to laying charges. There are provisions in the Criminal Code that deal with obscenity.

But in an email to The Canadian Press, site operator Mark Marek said he removed the video the day that police publicly identified Magnotta as a suspect.

"Up to this point, the police have not made contact with me. I removed the video on my own terms, not on the request by the police," he wrote.

In a post on his website, he objected to any suggestion that obscenity charges may be laid.

He suggested making the video public allowed the Best Gore community to identify the suspect "days before the police" and exposed him for whom he is.

If doing that is a crime, he said, "then I better get put in jail, cause I’d rather be there than share the Earth with the sheep who support evil."

Marek has said he originally thought the video was a bad joke and could have been made by someone with access to dead bodies.

He said this case has turned his life into one "big media jamboree," but isn't making any apologies for his website or posting the video.

"I don’t seek controversy out. I may point fingers at it but I’m merely a messenger, a bringer of truth, regardless of how controversial," he wrote.

Magnotta was arrested Monday at a Berlin Internet cafe following an international manhunt. He fled Montreal for Europe after Chinese student Jun Lin's death sometime overnight between May 24 and May 25.

The 33-year-old Lin's torso was found last week stuffed in a suitcase in an alley behind the west-end Montreal apartment building where Magnotta lived.

A hand and a foot were mailed in separate parcels to the offices of political parties in Ottawa.

Related on HuffPost:

Close
The Luka Rocco Magnotta Case
of
Share
Tweet
Advertisement
Share this
close
Current Slide

Suggest a correction

Around the Web

Luka Rocco Magnotta: 'Cannibal' porn star in video eating parts of ...

LiveLeak.com - Luka Rocco Magnotta Murder Video You Shouldn't ...

Canada News: Luka Rocco Magnotta: Foot and hand sent to ...

Luka Rocco Magnotta allegedly ate victim as grisly search for ...

Canada: Video suggests suspect ate parts of body

Luka Rocco Magnotta may have eaten part of slaying victim

Video collection: The horrific Luka Rocco Magnotta body parts case

Can Magnotta get a fair trial?

Luka Rocco Magnotta: references to murder video online two weeks before body ...

Canada: Video suggests suspect ate parts of body

Luka Rocco Magnotta arrested in Berlin internet cafe – video

Luca Rocco Magnotta Is Certainly No Match with Jeffrey Dahmer!

The Luka Rocco Magnotta case: When life — and death — imitate art