They identified the victim — the second person to die in the incident — as 22-year-old Nixon Nirmalendran of Toronto.
Nirmalendran had not been identified in previous news reports because of a court-ordered publication ban on the identification of victims and witnesses to the shootings.
However, the ban does not apply to deceased victims.
The man was among six people wounded in the June 2 shooting which took place in the food court of the multi-level shopping mall.
The incident also killed Ahmed Hassan, 24, who died of gunshot wounds at the scene.
Christopher Husbands, 23, is charged with one count of first-degree murder and six counts of attempted murder in the shootings.
Police have said their investigation suggests the shooting was a targeted one.
Officials had said earlier that Husbands, Hassan and the man who died Monday all belonged to the same gang.
But police have also said they believe the shooting was the result of a personal dispute and was not gang-motivated.
Husbands was under house arrest for a previous charge at the time of the shootings, police said.
Meanwhile, a 13-year-old boy who was shot in the head as bullets flew across the mall's food court nine days ago was released from hospital Monday.
He was visiting the mall with his mother and sister when the shots were fired.
The incident sparked mass panic at the centre packed with Saturday shoppers and a widespread manhunt for the shooter. Husbands turned himself in to police two days later.
Investigators are still asking anyone with information on the shooting who hasn't already contacted police to do so.
Also on HuffPost