After several weeks of training camp, Saskatchewan Roughriders have started cutting their roster in earnest, releasing nine players.
The cuts were announced Sunday in advance of the CFL's deadline for all teams to get their rosters down to 65 players.
The released players include:
- Demetrius Crawford (running back).
- Chris Graham (linebacker).
- Boo Robinson (defensive lineman).
- TJ Rushing (defensive back).
- Curtis Gatewood (defensive lineman).
- Jason Chery (slotback).
- Nathan Riva (running back).
- Dominic Noel (defensive back).
- Renaldo Sagesse (defensive lineman)
The Riders also announced they're bringing in defensive lineman Jay Alford. Alford spent the 2011 season with the Virgina Destroyers, winning the UFL Championship. Before that he spent three seasons in the NFL.
The Riders will be back on the practice field Monday.
The team has one more pre-season game, at home against Calgary on Friday, before its first regular season game in Hamilton on June 29.