The statement, released late Friday, said the ICC “deeply regrets any events" that may have caused Libyan authorities concern. It also said the court would subject staff members to sanctions if they are found to have been responsible for “any misconduct.”
Four ICC staff were detained last week after visiting Seif al-Islam, the son of the late dictator Moammar Gadhafi.
Libya has accused the ICC staff of passing documents and trying to smuggle devices to Seif, who is being held by a militia in the town of Zintan, southwest of Tripoli.
Officials accuse Australian defence lawyer Melinda Taylor of committing a "security breach." Libya's prosecutor ruled that the team should be held for 45 days. The team also included staff from Lebanon, Russia and Spain.
The ICC’s statement also alluded to an imminent release, saying that it was “extremely grateful to the Libyan authorities for their commitment to take all necessary action for the release of the court's staff members.”
Gadhafi's son is charged with crimes against humanity, including murder, for his alleged role in last year's brutal crackdown on protesters who were calling for an end to his father's dictatorship.
Libyan authorities say they want to put Seif al-Islam on trial in Libya and have challenged the ICC's right to try him.
The ICC judges ruled on June 1 that Libya doesn't have to hand over Seif al-Islam, pending a ruling on Tripoli's challenge.