NEWS

Prince George RCMP investigate mobile home homicide

06/27/2012 04:53 EDT | Updated 08/27/2012 05:12 EDT
Prince George RCMP have confirmed a suspicious death over the weekend has now become a homicide investigation.

A man identified Wednesday as Jordan Christian Reno, 22, was found dead Saturday morning by police in a mobile home in the 4100 block of Knight Crescent.

Police are not saying now Reno died, but an autopsy performed on Tuesday revealed that he fell victim to foul play.

Investigators said they believe Reno's death was a targeted attack and don't believe the public is at risk — a sentiment echoed by people living near the mobile home where his body was found.

"It was a very safe neighbourhood. And I believe it still will be a safe neighbourhood," said one woman.

Neighbours told CBC that someone had been renting the mobile home over the past year and they hadn't noticed anything suspicious leading up to Reno's sudden death.

MORE:cbcNews