NEWS

Man, 26, electrocuted while working on boom lift in rural Saskatchewan

07/11/2012 06:48 EDT | Updated 09/10/2012 05:12 EDT
STOCKHOLM, Sask. - A 26-year-old man was electrocuted while working on a boom lift in rural Saskatchewan.

Mounties say the man was trying to help a 17-year-old male who was in the boom lift at a location west of Esterhazy early Tuesday evening.

Paramedics tried to revive the man but he was declared dead at hospital in Esterhazy.

Police say the 17 year old had minor injuries and declined treatment.

SaskPower was notified and they attended to ground the power lines.

Dead is Adrian Regehr of the Rural Municipality of Saltcoats.

The provincial coroner as well as Occupational Health and Safety are investigating.

MORE:cpNews