NEWS

Man stable after shooting in Laval

07/23/2012 08:07 EDT | Updated 09/22/2012 05:12 EDT
A 25-year-old alleged street gang member is recovering in hospital after he was shot on Sunday evening on Monty St. in the Saint-François neighbourhood of Laval, Qc.

The man was struck in the leg and is in stable condition, said Laval police spokesperson Franco Di Genova.

People living in the area alerted police to report the sound of gunfire at around 10:30 p.m.

"The victim in question is known to the police department," Genova said. "He is related to street gangs."

"He is talking to us but, unfortunately, not concerning the event," Genova added. "Cooperation is very, very low."

Police said there were several witnesses to the shooting, but so far they have made no arrests.

MORE:cbcNews