The Mexican-grown mangoes were distributed by a Vancouver-based importer at retail outlets across the country west of Ontario.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency initially said the mangoes were sold between July 12 and Aug. 14, but now says the fruits were sold up to Aug. 24.
The agency says there have been several confirmed illnesses associated with eating the mangoes, which bear a sticker with the code PLU 4959.
The CFIA says food contaminated with Salmonella may not look or smell spoiled, but the bacteria can cause serious and even deadly infections in young children, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems.
In otherwise healthy people it can cause high fever, severe headache, vomiting, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea.
The agency says consumers should contact retailers with concerns over affected mangoes.