The mayor is facing a lawsuit that alleges he breached the Municipal Conflict of Interest Act by participating in a council vote that absolved his need to pay back more than $3,000 in donations collected for his private football charity.
Should he lose that lawsuit, it is possible that the mayor could be removed from office and potentially banned from running for office for up to seven years.
But Ford revealed on Wednesday that he would seek to win back the job if he is allowed to do so.
"If they dismiss me from office … I will be running again," Ford told local television station CP24 on Wednesday.
Ford said that if a judge rules that he can run for office again, he would start campaigning "the next day."
The mayor will testify in court next week. He will be cross-examined by well-known lawyer Clayton Ruby, who is representing a Toronto resident who launched the lawsuit earlier this year.Suggest a correction