EDMONTON - The man accused of gunning down four of his fellow armoured car guards in an early morning heist at the University of Alberta has had his case adjourned until next month.
Travis Baumgartner's case is due back in court Oct. 5.
He did not appear in court Friday and no date was set for his trial.
A court order had previously prevented him from talking with his mother, but she has been removed from the no-contact list.
Baumgartner, 21, was charged with three counts of first-degree murder and one count of attempted murder following the June robbery.
The Alberta Crown has elected to proceed to trial without a preliminary hearing.
Michelle Shegelski, 26, Eddie Rejano, 39, and Brian Ilesic, 35, were killed in the attack and a fourth guard was seriously injured and is recovering.
Baumgartner was the fifth man on that crew.
He was arrested a day after the robbery at the Canada-U.S. border with $334,000 in a backpack. Search warrants filed by police at the time of the shooting said that between $600,000 and $1.9 million was missing from the car.
The warrants also said his mother, Sandra Baumgartner, told officers she awoke on the morning of the shooting and found $64,000 in cash in her house and her son gone.