In the Queens Region, Chris Clarke became the new mayor with 47 per cent of the vote. Clarke had previously served as mayor from 1996 to 2000.
In the town of Port Hawksbury long-time politician Billy Joe MacLean won a close race, taking 53.9 per cent of the vote to edge past Hugie MacDougall, who won 46.1 per cent.
In Springhill, Max Snow defeated incumbent Allen Dill 50 to 47 per cent to win the mayor's job.
In Truro, Bill Mills was returned as mayor. The other canidate in the mayoral race, Keltie Jones, was a close second capturing 46.5 per cent of the vote.
Other winners include:
- Jeff Cantwell as new mayor of Wolfville (54.6 per cent of the vote)
- Rachel Bailey as mayor in Lunenburg (75 per cent of the vote)
- Karen Harris-Mattatal in Shelburne (exact figures not yet available)
- Pam Mood in Yarmouth (56.4 per cent of the vote)
- Wendy Robinson as new mayor in Stewiacke (acclaimed)
For complete results, visit the CBC's Nova Scotia Votes.