Travellers are asked to check their flight status before heading to the airport. Out of Billy Bishop ariport, most flights after 3 p.m. Tuesday were still scheduled to operate, although flights to and from Washington, D.C., New York and Boston are cancelled.
There have been sporadic disruptions on TTC surface routes due to downed wires and debris on the roads. The latest service disruptions are listed on the TTC's website.
Power outages also meant traffic lights at many Toronto intersections were not working on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, the following Toronto District School Board schools were closed for the day:
- D A Morrison Middle School.
- East York Collegiate lnstitute.
- East York Alternative Secondary School.
- Parkside Elementary School.
- Oak Park CTR.
- Jesse Ketchum Junior and Senior Public School.
- Keele Street Public School.
- West Preparatory Junior Public School.
- Owen Public School.
- St Andrew's Junior High School.
- C R Marchant Middle School.
- Rippleton Public School.
- Weston Memorial Junior Public School.
- Westmount Junior School.
- Hilltop Middle School.
The following educational institutions were also closed:
- The Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College at 6100 Leslie Street.
- Upper and lower schools Crestwood Preparatory College in North York.
- The Durham College and the University of Ontario Institute of technology joint campus at the north location.
- Royal St. George College near Bloor Street West and Bathurst Street.
There were no other reported school closures in Toronto. All three University of Toronto campuses were also open.Suggest a correction