Think you know your Grey Cup and Super Bowl halftime trivia? Game on!
1. Which Boston-born phenoms rocked the 1991 Super Bowl halftime?
2. Who headlined the Grey Cup's 1991 halftime show? (Hint: Like Madonna, this one-named star frequently wore gloves.)
3. Only two musical acts have played both the Grey Cup and Super Bowl halftime shows. And only one — hailing from Canada — claimed the honour in a single football season. Not impressed much? Well then, name the act — and the song performed at both shows.
4. The other performers to pump it at both halftime shows played the Grey Cup in 2005 and the Super Bowl in 2011. Who are they?
5. What Canadian rock 'n' roll legend has headlined two Grey Cup halftime shows, with different bands? Name the artist and the bands.
6. Non-Canadian acts are rare in Grey Cup halftime history; and Canadians have been rare in Super Bowl shows. Name two Canadian performers who've taken centre stage at the Super Bowl. (Hint: Think crop-tops and Coneheads.)
7. Janet Jackson had a wardrobe malfunction at the end of the 2004 Super Bowl halftime. Which iconic Canadian band had no sartorial situations and managed to stay fully and completely clothed at the 2004 Grey Cup halftime show?
Answers: 1. New Kids On The Block. 2. Luba. 3. Shania Twain; "Up". 4. The Black Eyed Peas. 5. Randy Bachman; The Guess Who (2000) and Bachman & Turner (2010). 6. Shania Twain and Dan Aykroyd (The Blues Brothers, 1997). 7. The Tragically Hip.