Earlier this month, Bangladesh had agreed in principle to play a one-day international and a Twenty20 match against Pakistan with Lahore, where gunmen attacked the Sri Lanka team bus in 2009, as a potential venue. No international match has been held in the country since the attack.
Bangladesh Cricket Board President Nazmul Hasan said Monday that he has already informed Pakistan about Bangladesh's decision in a letter.
He said the International Cricket Council did not reply to Bangladesh's repeated appeals to become involved in the planned tour.
"The situation in Pakistan is alarming. There are worries in the country (Bangladesh) over the proposed tour," Hasan said in Dhaka.
The latest decision came as a blow to Pakistan's efforts to resume international cricket in the country.
In April 2012, Bangladesh was scheduled to tour Pakistan for a brief series but it was scrapped after the country's High Court asked the government to suspend the matches because of security concerns.
The Pakistan Cricket Board said in a statement that it had received "no official intimation from the BCB."
"...the decision to tour Pakistan is the sole prerogative of BCB, however it is inappropriate to call security situation in Pakistan as the main reason behind this decision," the PCB said.
A high profile security delegation — led by former BCB president Mustafa Kamal — also visited Pakistan in March and was apparently satisfied after they were briefed by Pakistan's security officials. However, the tour was postponed when the Bangladesh High Court ordered its cricket board to defer the tour due to security concerns.
"They (the security delegation) left fully satisfied on the subject. Now it would only be proper for the new president of BCB to read the report submitted by that team or visit Pakistan before making any such comments on Pakistan's current situation," the PCB said.
Pakistan also supported the nomination of Kamal to the post of vice-president with the International Cricket Council and also sent its players to the inaugural Bangladesh Premier League.
"Even earlier BCB has agreed to tour Pakistan but was stopped by the Dhaka High Court, which in itself is the first ever incident in the history of the sport where a court intervened in the decision taken by two boards.
"Still PCB not only released its players for the BPL but also supported the nomination of then BCB President Mr. Mustafa Kamal for the position of vice-president of ICC. It was because PCB made a commitment and wherever a commitment is made we honour it."
In recent months, Pakistan cricket officials had tried to convince foreign teams to resume touring Pakistan. A provincial minister invited an All Stars XI, comprising former players including Sri Lanka's Sanath Jayasuriya and South African Andre Nel, which played two Twenty20s in Karachi.
"A lot of cricket related activity in which many international players have participated in the matches ... without any security issue whatsoever, which in itself reflects that the atmosphere in Pakistan is congenial for any international team to visit the country," the PCB said.
Pakistan star players Umar Gul, Shahid Afridi and Saeed Ajmal are among a host of other players who have signed to play in next month's Bangladesh Premier League. But the PCB has not yet given No Objection Certificates to its players to compete in the BPL.
"We have to see the commitments and engagements of our players before releasing them for the tournament," the PCB said.
Pakistan is due to tour South Africa later in January while the BPL starts from the third week of January.Suggest a correction