It is highly infectious. Here are some ways you can help stop it spreading:
- Wash hands frequently, especially after using the bathroom or changing diapers and before eating or preparing food. This is very important if you have recently been ill or in contact with an ill person.
- Do not eat raw or undercooked oysters or other shellfish.
- Wash fruits and vegetables thoroughly before eating.
- Thoroughly clean contaminated surfaces immediately after an episode of illness with hot, soapy water and then disinfect the area using a household disinfectant.
- Immediately remove and wash clothing or linen that may be contaminated with stool or vomit (use hot water and soap).
- Flush or discard any vomit and/or stool in the toilet and make sure that the surrounding area is kept clean.
- If you do become infected, avoid contact with others until you are well again and avoid preparing food while you have symptoms -- usually for one or two days -- and for three days after you recover
Source: Public Health Agency of CanadaSuggest a correction