The alert was issued Thursday morning when police said they believed a 14-year-old who is about eight months into her pregnancy was taken from the Maple Creek area by another youth, a 16-year-old from the same area.
On Thursday night, RCMP ended the alert saying the pair were brought to one of their detachments, in Swift Current, around 7:20 p.m. CST.
They said they had not heard from either of them until they arrived at the detachment. They were brought there by the boy's mother.
The boy is in custody but no charges had been laid.
"Once investigators were able to speak with the 14-year-old, they were able to determine she was no longer at risk," RCMP said. "At that point the Amber Alert was cancelled."
The boy's mother told CBC News that the episode leading to the alert was the result of a misunderstanding.