A seventh person has been charged in connection with the sexual assault of a male youth in Prince George last week, the RCMP announced Monday morning.
Police said a 14-year-old male was arrested on Saturday and charged with aggravated sexual assault, aggravated assault and unlawful confinement.
Six people, including four youths and two adults, were arrested last week after a youth was found unconscious in a snow bank near a Prince George apartment building.
Police said it appears he had been lured to the building by a group of males, who range in age from 15 to 20. Police said the boy was physically and sexually assaulted.
A second boy was also physically assaulted, police said, but on Monday police said they do not believe the latest suspect was involved in the assault of the second victim.
Cpl. Craig Douglass said the investigation into the assaults is ongoing.
“This investigation continues to be a priority for this detachment. We urge anyone that may have information, to please call the detachment,” he said.
Also on HuffPost: