01/16/2013 07:11 EST | Updated 03/18/2013 05:12 EDT

Some doctor abuse allegations go to court, others don't

For Ontarians who believe they have suffered sexual abuse at the hands of their physicians, there are several ways to report allegations — by going to police or by contacting the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario.

An ongoing case in a Toronto court involves a doctor accused of sexually abusing more than 20 women.

That case was reported to police, but not all cases are.

The CBC's Nil Koksal reports on the reasons that some cases end up in court, while others are dealt with by the college.

Click on the video above to see her report.