Quebec provincial police said the body of Daniel Brisebois, 54, was located at around 12:20 p.m. on Saturday and the woman's body was found at about 6:20 p.m.
The woman has not been positively identified, but police spokesman Benoit Richard said they think it's the second victim.
Crews had been searching for two workers — a man and a woman — who went missing after their vehicles were swept into a gravel pit dozens of metres deep on Tuesday. The vehicles were trapped in huge mounds of loose gravel at the bottom of the crater in L'Epiphanie, Que., just outside Montreal.
A third worker whose vehicle also fell into the quarry was rescued by a provincial police helicopter on Tuesday within hours of the collapse.
The Sûreté du Québec, along with Quebec's workplace health and safety board (CSST), have launched an investigation into the incident. Maskimo Construction said that this is a major event for them and they will fully cooperate with the investigation in the following weeks.
Recovery mission resumes
The search was called off on Friday over concerns the unstable ground could cause another landslide. On Saturday morning, experts deemed it safe for the recovery mission to proceed.
Within hours of the landslide on Tuesday, rescue crews were able to reach the partially exposed cabin of one of the trucks, but they found it empty.
Benoît Robert, the loader operator who managed to avoid the landslide on Tuesday, spoke to the media earlier this week from the hospital in Terrebonne, Que., where he was recovering from the shock of his ordeal.
"I was lucky," he said.
He thanked the police, his co-workers and paramedics for their help and support.
He said his employers, Maskimo Construction and Excavations G. Allard, are caring and would have never sent him deliberately into a dangerous situation.
Robert sent his best wishes to the families of the two missing workers.
"I don't know if they'll be there in the future but I know the family is still there and they could live difficult moments," he said.Suggest a correction