NEWS

Gas leak at Mississauga school sends 29 to hospital with minor symptoms

02/11/2013 04:42 EST | Updated 04/13/2013 05:12 EDT
MISSISSAUGA, Ont. - More than two dozen people — mostly students — were taken to hospital following a gas leak at a Mississauga school.

Paramedics responded to Allan A. Martin Senior Public School around 10:45 a.m. Monday and 28 students and one adult were sent to hospital.

Peel Paramedic Services says those taken to hospital had minor symptoms and were taken as a precaution.

Officials from Peel District School Board say it was nothing serious, and school resumed before noon after fire crews aired out the building.

Officials say a Bunsen burner tap that had been left open was the source of the leak.

School officials shut it down before fire crews arrived.

(CFRB)

MORE:cpNews