Sgt. Matt Small of Peel Regional Police told CBC News that the weapons seized in the raid last week included a .50 calibre sniper rifle and a modified handgun. Several of the weapons were illegally modified and carelessly stored, police said.
A 48-year-old Mississauga man has been arrested, police say, but they are not releasing his address.
The police force's Internet Child Exploitation Unit identified the suspect as someone responsible for possessing, accessing and making available online files of child pornography.
They executed a warrant at his home on March 19, where they allegedly discovered both evidence of child pornography offences, but also the cache of weapons.
The man has been charged with:
- one count of possessing child pornography
- one count of accessing child pornography
- one count of making child pornography available
- two counts of careless storage of a firearm
- one count of careless storage of ammunition.
Police say they expect more charges to be laid.