Durham regional police say a Bowmanville, Ont., resident walking her dog last weekend was shocked when two plastic pop bottles the dog sniffed suddenly burst.
When the dog sniffed the first two-litre bottle, it created a minor explosion.
A few minutes later, the dog sniffed a similar bottle with the same results and suffered a minor injury to his nose.
Concerned about what was in the bottles, the woman eventually reported the incident to police.
Investigators say the bottles contained urine that underwent a chemical reaction due to warmer weather and sunshine causing pressure to build up so the containers exploded when disturbed.
Also on HuffPost