Here are his picks for April 26, 27 and 28.
1. The Blue Metropolis Literary Festival wraps up on Sunday. Many authors are scheduled to appear, as well as a few CBC personalities.
2. The Montreal Science Centre presents an in-depth look at sharks and the vital role they play in our ecosystem. Planet Shark: Predator or Prey aims to raise awareness about the need to protect them, as some species of shark face extinction.
3. The 29th edition of the Vues d'Afrique film festival opens on Friday and runs until May 5th. Over 100 films from all parts of the world with African roots will be presented.
4. Last chance to see the Butterflies Go Free at the Botanical Garden's Main Exhibition Greenhouse. After this Sunday, they're gone!
5. In need of a taste of Hawaii? Montreal's Maï Taï Orchestra stirs up Hawaiian sounds with a twist of lounge music. Their Spring Luau is on Sunday at 8 p.m. at la Verre Bouteille (1221 Mont-Royal East).