Transport Quebec is advising drivers to avoid the Turcot this weekend as access ramps and portions of the interchange are shut down for crews doing repair work.
Two ramps will be completely closed throughout the weekend:
- Highway 720 west to Highway 15 south
- Highway 20 east to Highway 15 south
Both will be closed starting at 10 p.m. Friday and will reopen at 5 a.m. Monday.
Several other closures will take place only during the nighttime hours.
- Highway 15 south at the Turcot Interchange will be closed starting at 11 p.m. and re-opened at 8 a.m. Saturday, 9 a.m. Sunday and 5 a.m. Monday.
- The ramp from the south Décarie Expressway to Highway 720 east, closed starting at 12:30 a.m. Saturday and reopening at 6:30 a.m. that morning and closed again from 1 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. Sunday.
- A partial closure of Highway 20/720 east at the Turcot from 12:30 a.m. to 6:30 a.m. Saturday and 1 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. Sunday.
Detours will be indicated.
On the Champlain Bridge, one lane will be closed during the day Saturday on the South Shore bound side as crews prepare the bridge for a roadwork blitz scheduled for next weekend.
Throughout the weekend, mobile asphalt and concrete repair as well as sweeping crews will be working on the bridge at night.