Here are his picks for May 10, 11 and 12.
1. Inuk singer-songwriter Elisapie returns to Cabaret Mile End on Friday night in support of her critically acclaimed album Travelling Love. Her blend of folk with pop textures has won over audiences in Canada, the U.S. and Europe.
2. Now in its 18th year, Festival Accès Asie showcases dance, theatre, visual arts, music, and poetry from Asian cultures, until May 19.
3. The 10th edition of Total Crap celebrates the best of the absolute worst in television and cinema. Hundreds of fans of really bad entertainment get together at Metropolis this Friday night at 9 p.m. for more than two hours of hilarious clips.
4. Dawn Tyler Watson has been called Montreal's Queen of the Blues, but she's more than that. When she's not singing the blues, she is jazzing it up. Catch her at House of Jazz on Saturday at 9:30pm.
5. Anyone who has been on a city bus will get a kick out of The Number 14, currently staged at Centaur Theatre with its zany characters and their hilarious antics. The ride ends on May 26.