Yves Désautels, traffic reporter for CBC’s French service, Radio-Canada, said May is typically one of the worst months for drivers in the city.
“Major construction projects are once again underway and few people are on vacation at this time of year,” Désautels said.
Check out our list of construction zones to avoid over the Victoria Day weekend, (known in Quebec as Patriot’s Day).
Construction blitz hot spots:
- Champlain Bridge: Blitz ends on Tuesday at 5 a.m.
- Louis-H. La Fontaine tunnel sector: On Sunday between 12:30 a.m. and 9 a.m. two northbound lanes are closed between the bridge and Île Charron and the entrance to the tunnel. During the same period, two out of three southbound lanes are closed between the tunnel and exit 90.
- The exit for Île Charron/Îles de Boucherville, on Highway 25 southbound will be closed to traffic from Saturday at 11: 30 p.m. until Sunday at 9:30 a.m.
- Turcot Interchange: Interruptions to access points for highways 15, 20 and 720
- Highway 40 in the Île-aux-Tourtes Bridge sector
- Near the Marien Boulevard and Henri-Bourassa Boulevard intersection
- Highway 520
- Highway 15
- Highway 10 between the Champlain Bridge and Taschereau Boulevard
- Highway 20 between Sainte-Julie and Highway 30
- Highway 30 between Montarville et Highway 20
- Highway 15