NEWS

Sushi restaurant targeted with Molotov cocktail for 3rd time

06/09/2013 12:54 EDT | Updated 08/09/2013 05:12 EDT
The Montreal police arson squad is investigating an overnight Molotov cocktail attack on a restaurant in Côte-des-Neiges.

Two men were seen throwing a Molotov cocktail at Chops — a Kosher sushi restaurant on Queen Mary and Decarie — at 1:45 a.m.

The fire didn't light, and the thirty people inside the restaurant were not harmed. It is the third time this restaurant has been targeted in the past year and a half.

The owner of Chops, Ouri Ohayon, says he is not involved with any activities that he believes would motivate the attempted arson.

Though he says he does not know why his establishment was targeted, he does believe the attack is connected with the firebombing of the nearby Shalom restaurant, on Friday.

"For sure there's a relationship to it," he said. "But if it's anti-Semitic, I'd be surprised."

Ohayon says he is offering a $20,000 reward for relevant information that leads to the suspects' arrest.

In addition to the two restaurants, a nearby Côte-Saint-Luc home was attacked with a Molotov cocktail over the weekend. Montreal police Constable Dany Richer says the police are investigating a possible link among the incidents.

"Investigators from the arson squad will try to determine if there is a link between other similar events in the area over the past few days," said Richer.

So far, police have made no arrests

MORE:cbcNews