Here are Pierre's picks for June 14, 15 and 16.
1. Les FrancoFolies de Montréal are in full swing with over 250 concerts — and 150 of them are free! Pop rocker Dumas takes the main stage at Place des Festivals on Friday night at 9 p.m. along with Les Trois Accords and Fanny Bloom.
2. Some buildings along the Main are getting a makeover this weekend, thanks to the inaugural Mural Festival. Muralists from Montreal and around the world are hard at work along.
3. For the past six years, the Montreal Folk Fest On The Canal has presented some of the best folk and roots music around. This year's line-up includes Lakes of Canada, Old Man Luedecke, The Sadies, Ladies of the Canyon and Catherine Durand. The festival is on until Sunday, at Îlot Charlevoix.
4. The wild, weird, wacky, and wonderful Montreal Fringe Festival is on. They've got everything from theatre to storytelling, performance art to music, artistic to zany. Until June 23.
5. If you like your music to be off the beaten path, you may want to check out the Suoni Per Il Popolo festival. It has everything from avant-garde to jazz, with healthy doses of electro, folk and indie music.