Here are Pierre's picks for June 28, 29 and 30.
The Montreal International Jazz Festival is finally here, and the only thing missing is sunny weather.
But don't let the clouds ruin your fun -- here are 10 must-see shows that are happening this weekend.
1. Wynton Marsalis is back with the Jazz at the Lincoln Center Orchestra. Classic big band arrangements set in the beautiful Maison Symphonique of Place des Arts. Friday at 7 p.m.
2. Always a crowd pleaser, Pink Martini returns to Salle Wilfrid-Pelletier of Place des Arts. A perfect cocktail of jazz, swing, lounge, and pop. Friday at 7:30 p.m.
3. Holly Cole is considered by many as one of Canada's leading lady of jazz and pop. Catch her at Théâtre du Nouveau Monde. Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m.
4.To kick off the free outdoor programming, internationally praised folkie Feist performs at Place des Festivals. Friday at 9:30 p.m.
5. Sarah Slean sings her sublime songs accompanied by a string section at Club Soda. Saturday at 7 p.m.
6. Wayne Shorter turns 80 in August. This jazz giant still gives three-hour performances! Wish him happy birthday at Théâtre Maisonneuve. Saturday at 7 p.m.
7. Lorraine Klaasen pays tribute to the late Miriam Makeba. Free outdoor show at the corner of de Montigny and Clark. Saturday at 8 p.m.
8. The Barr Brothers are performing two free outdoor sets at Place des Festivals. They promise that both will be different. We believe them! Saturday at 9 p.m. and 11 p.m.
9. It has been 3 long years since Elizabeth Shepherd's last participation at the Jazz Fest. She's performing two intimate shows at Savoy du Metropolis. Sunday and Monday at 7 p.m.
10. And lastly, soulful duo Rhye make their Jazz Fest debut at Metropolis. Sunday at 8:30 p.m.
Happy Canada weekend!