So that's why we asked CBC Music producer Jon Siddall to do the research for you!
Here are his picks for the five acts you must see.
1. The Cat Empire: Simply put, this band is a party. What makes it even better is how musical they are. Catch these Aussies while you can.
2. Cold Specks: She calls her music doom soul, but never has doom felt so good. Al Spx hails from Ontario but her music is deeply imbued with the sounds of the old South. A great vibe and a great voice.
3. Hannah Georgas: She's lived in Vancouver long enough now to be a home girl and we're lucky to have her. Now she's had a great year and you can catch her on the main stage in full flight with her band.
4. Kobo Town: Could be the number one sleeper for this year. Drew Gonsalves fronts this band from Ottawa, but he grew up in Trindad and it does it ever show in the music.
5. Hanggai: World music fusion does not always produce the best results, but this band is a fascinating blend of traditional Mongolian music with modern touches.
The Vancouver Folk Music Festival runs July 19 to 21 at Jericho Beach in Vancouver.
You can follow CBC Music's Jon Siddall on twitter @CBCJonSiddallSuggest a correction