Marco Miguel Prata Matias, 24, is charged with:- Trafficking a firearm (four counts).
- Possession of a firearm for the purpose of trafficking (four counts).
- Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized (three counts).
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm (three counts).
- Possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm with ammunition (one count).
- Possession of a firearm knowing the serial number had been altered, defaced, or removed (one count).
- Careless use of a firearm – sale of firearms (three counts).
The Combined Forces Special Enforcement Unit of British Columbia (CFSEU-BC) has been investigating Matias's alleged weapons trafficking activities since March 2013.
Three firearms and ammunition were seized during the investigation including an SKS Rifle, a Glock 9 mm pistol, and a semi-automatic KRISS Rifle loaded with .45 calibre rounds.
But the CFSEU-BC has now lost track of him.
"Our extensive efforts to locate Marco Matias have been exhausted and that’s why we are asking for the public's help to find him," said CFSEU-BC spokeswoman Sgt. Lindsey Houghton in a statement.
"In the hands of criminals the guns he is alleged to have trafficked are extremely dangerous and we want him in custody before he can sell more."
Matias is described as a white male, five-feet nine-inches tall, and 190 pounds.
He has short dark brown hair, brown eyes, and has a tattoo of "Matias" on his upper back.
Matias is considered armed and dangerous and the public are asked not to approch him if they see him.Suggest a correction