NEWS

Harrison Hot Springs fire likely caused by cigarette

08/12/2013 11:47 EDT | Updated 10/12/2013 05:12 EDT
A wildfire that broke out near the Harrison Hotsprings marina Monday evening was likely caused by a tossed cigarette butt, officials say.

Three helicopters and at least one air tanker were called to the scene, as the fast-moving brush fire moved up the dry hillside within minutes.

Officials say four homes were in danger, but crews were able to get the fire under control quickly.

MORE:cbcNews