Here are Pierre's picks for October 25, 26 and 27.
1. What do Frank Zappa and the Montreal Symphony Orchestra have in common? Kent Nagano. In the early 1980's, Zappa and Nagano worked together on a series of compositions. Kent Nagano conducts the MSO and pays tribute to Frank Zappa at La Maison Symphonique. Saturday at 9 p.m.
2. Let's do the Time Warp again! Yup, it wouldn't be Halloween without The Rocky Horror Show. Catch the stage version at Mainline Theatre, on Friday and Saturday. It's just a jump to the left...
3. The 14th edition of the Arab World Festival gets underway this weekend. Performers from Northern Africa and Europe celebrate culture, music, and dancing. Until November 9.
4. If you're in the mood for some cool jazz, Susie Arioli is performing at Théâtre Outremont on Friday night at 8 p.m. Then, Canadian crooner Matt Dusk brings his smooth vocals to Symposia Theatre on Saturday at 8 p.m.
5. The Quebec music industry is handing out awards this weekend during the 35th Gala de l'ADISQ. Top nominees include Louis-Jean Cormier, Daniel Bélanger, Marie-Mai, and Les Soeurs Boulay. Sunday at 7:30 p.m. on Ici Radio-Canada Télé.