Here are Pierre's picks for Nov. 1, 2 and 3.
1. What better way to start the weekend than with a free concert by The Barr Brothers. The magic happens at the Centre des Loisirs in Ville St-Laurent (Metro Côte-Vertu). Friday at 7:30 p.m.
2. Centaur Theatre presents Seeds by Annabel Soutar. It's based on the actual court case between a Saskatchewan farmer and a multinational company over the use of genetically modified canola seeds. It runs until Nov. 24.
3. Need to escape? The 7th edition of the Montreal Brazil Film Fest starts at Cinéma du Parc with the opening film, Gonzaga by Breno Silveira on Friday night. You can catch it until Nov. 7.
4. Gino Vannelli comes home this weekend with two shows at Rialto Theatre with over 40 years of music, ranging from soul and pop, to jazz and bel canto. The shows are on Saturday and Sunday at 8 p.m.
5. Montreal's Braids spend a lot of time on the road. Catch them at the Société des Arts Technologiques on Saturday at 8 p.m. before they drive off to the States and fly to Europe.Suggest a correction