About 250 passengers and crew members on the Royal Air Maroc flight were forced to make an emergency exit from the plane yesterday.
Raw video shows passengers tumbling out of the plane’s escape chutes as smoke billows behind the airplane.
The fire started on a luggage conveyor soon after the plane had arrived in Montreal from Casablanca.
TSB investigators said they believe the fire might have been started by a gas leak on the luggage conveyer.
Ricardo Hernandez, who works as a plane refueller at the airport, said he was driving across the tarmac when the incident happened.
“I saw people running. I didn't know there was a fire. Then I looked at the plane and I saw black smoke,” Hernandez said.
Five of the passengers were treated at hospital, some of them for smoke inhalation and others for minor injuries.
Officials are expected to examine the evacuation procedure.Suggest a correction