The weekend has finally arrived! Here are some of the events taking place in Montreal on Nov. 15, 16 and 17:
1. Cirque Éloize presents its latest show, Cirkopolis. Set in an industrial city, the show brings together elements of circus, dance, and theatre, all brilliantly executed. Catch the show at Théâtre Maisonneuve until Dec. 7.
2. The Montreal International Documentary Festival keeps getting bigger and bigger. This year, 135 films from more than 40 countries will be screened — until Nov. 24.
3. The annual Expozine is back, featuring many books and magazines from small presses and self-publishers. Check it out Saturday and Sunday at Église St-Enfant Jésus.
4. The Coup de coeur francophone festival wraps up this weekend but there is still time to catch great shows by Karim Ouellet, Les Hay Babies, and Alex Nevsky.
5. Nobody expected Mazzy Star to regroup after their breakup in 1997. But 16 years later, they did.
See them perform fan favourites and new songs at Club Soda on Sunday at 8 p.m.