NEWS

Antony Piazza may face new charge in airport bomb scare

11/12/2013 11:01 EST | Updated 01/23/2014 06:56 EST
The bail hearing for Antony Piazza, the man accused of trying to bring bomb-making materials to the Montreal airport, has been delayed for the third time.

Piazza may face a fourth charge in connection with a scare at Montreal’s Pierre Elliott Trudeau airport on Oct. 27.

The bail hearing has been delayed so lawyers can look at new evidence.

The 71-year-old LaSalle man is already facing charges of possession of an explosive device, endangering an aircraft and mischief.

Police said his carry-on bag contained components for making an explosive device, though it did not contain actual explosive material.

"He had numerous parts of an explosive device, except the explosive itself," said Montreal police Cmdr. Ian Lafrenière last month.

Five witnesses were expected to testify at today’s bail hearing. 

MORE:cbcNews