The Santa Claus Parade is asking Toronto Mayor Rob Ford not to attend on Sunday.
Parade co-chair Ron Barbaro appeared on CP24 Wednesday and implored Ford "as a parent" to stay home.
"Upstaging Santa is not a good thing," Barbaro said.
The parade co-chair said it was within the mayor's rights to attend, but that the event's official position is that Ford should not march. Barbaro told the Toronto Star that Ford's office said last week that he would not attend, a position that was reversed Tuesday.
You can see the full letter from the parade to Ford's office below
Story continues below letter
Twitter users were quick to attack the mayor, as well as lament how Toronto has come to the point where even Santa has renounced the mayor. Read some of the best tweets below.
Also on HuffPost