NEWS

87-year-old woman dies in residential fire

11/28/2013 09:16 EST | Updated 01/28/2014 05:59 EST
An elderly woman is dead after a fire broke out inside a condo unit in Côte Saint-Luc.

Firefighters arrived at the building on Norwalk Road at around 5 p.m. Thursday.

They found the woman laying on the floor unconscious.

First responders tried to revive her, but a doctor on the scene declared her dead.

The case was transferred over to arson investigators — which is standard protocol when there is a death in a fire — but a police spokesman says the fire seems to have been caused by an electrical problem.

MORE:cbcNews