Here are Pierre's picks for Dec. 13, 14 and 15.
1. Les Grands Ballets Canadiens celebrate the 50th anniversary of The Nutcracker at Place des Arts' Salle Wilfrid-Pelletier. Now that is what we call a Montreal tradition! Runs until Dec. 30.
2. A newer tradition is Décembre, a live production now in its 11th year. Presented by Québec Issime at Théâtre Maisonneuve (also at Place des Arts), the troupe from Saguenay will bring out all of the yuletide hits with many costume and set changes. Runs until Dec. 29.
3. Feel like singing along to Handel's "Messiah"? You're in luck! Sing-Along Messiah takes place at Christ Church Cathedral (635 Ste-Catherine Street West). Saturday at 4:30 p.m.
4. After a 13-year hiatus, Montreal rock band Moist is back in the spotlight. David Usher's solo career kept him busy in recent years, but now the reunion is happening. Saturday at Metropolis at 8 p.m.
5. Last-minute shopping? Holiday craft fair Puces Pop features over 100 artists and creators. Until Sunday at Église St-Denis (5075 Rivard).