A pill might be the last thing you'd expect to find in a glass of organic milk, but the Wilsons say it's not the first time — they found a capsule in a jug of milk over a year ago.
When it happened again last week with the same brand of milk, President's Choice, Jeff Wilson said he couldn't believe it.
"My wife is eight months pregnant and it's terrifying," he said "Who knows what's in the pill? We still don't know."
The two pills were different colours, but equally as concerning.
"The initial thought is someone is trying to poison me. Obviously, you fear for your own health and well-being," Wilson said.
When it happened in November 2012, the Canadian Food inspection Agency seized the pill and inspected the store where the Wilsons bought the milk. The CFIA also followed up with the dairy where the milk was produced.
In the end, the CFIA ruled that the pill in the jug was an isolated incident, but didn't disclose what the contents of the pill were.
Wilson says that the CFIA has since told him they destroyed the pill without ever testing it.
The agency is now investigating this latest incident, but Wilson says he is not sure a lab test will be done this time either.
"We didn't know what was in the pill last time and it looks as though we're not going to figure it out this time, which to me is just unacceptable," he said.
'Highly unlikely,' says Loblaws
The store manager and Loblaws, the company that owns the President's Choice label, say no one else has complained about finding a capsule in their milk.
"We are doing our own internal review, which has thus far indicated that it's highly unlikely the milk contained a pill at the time of purchase. There are no pills added during production," Loblaws said in a written response.
The B.C. Dairy Association has said tampering is a possibility.
It says you can buy empty pill capsules on Ebay and fill them with anything.
The CFIA has another theory: It thinks one of the family's vitamins accidentally ended up in the milk.
In a case reported in New Zealand last year, a man admitted a pill he found in his milk bottle was one of his own that had accidentally dropped in — he said he didn't recognize it because it had swollen to four times its size.
Wilson admits it is a possibility.
Now, however, he says he's looking for a lab willing to test the pill and solve the mystery.Suggest a correction